Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Quick quiz: Do I have a Pelvic Floor problem?
- Do you leak urine when you exercise, play sport, laugh, cough, sneeze, lift, or get out of a chair or bed?
- Do you need to go to the toilet very frequently?
- Do you have trouble getting to the toilet in time?
- Do you find it hard to empty your bladder or bowel?
- Do you have a sensation of heaviness, bulging or discomfort in the pelvic area?
- Do you have difficulty controlling wind?
- Do you lose control of your bowel?
- Do you have pain in the pelvic area?
- Do you have painful sex?
If you answered YES to ANY of these questions, then you may have a pelvic floor problem.
Solutions to Pelvic Floor Problems:
At Fitwise Physiotherapy we understand that
pelvic floor problems can interrupt your ability to enjoy a full active life. Fitwise Physiotherapists ensure private and respectful management solutions are provided for your individual needs.
A full assessment will be done to determine your pelvic floor requirements, and a management plan will be provided to achieve your goals in agreed time frames.
Management strategies may include:
- Teaching you how to use your pelvic floor muscles correctly
- An individual targeted pelvic floor exercise program
- A Clinical Pilates program to help bridge the gap between pelvic floor exercises and day to day pelvic floor function
- Discussing lifestyle changes to help you manage the problem
- Looking at how your diet and fluid intake may be influencing your problem
- Bladder training
- Relaxation of the pelvic floor
- Improved continence
- Stronger pelvic floor muscles
- More choice of lifestyle options eg: running
- Pain free sex
- Improved bladder and/or bowel function
Conditions commonly treated by Fitwise Physiotherapy Pelvic Floor Physios:
- Stress urinary Incontinence (leaking with effort or exercise)
- Bladder urgency and frequency
- Bladder Urgency and Urge Incontinence
- Painful sex / Dyspareunia
- Incontinence following prostate surgery
- Bowel incontinence
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation after having a baby
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Anal pain
- Constipation / obstructed defaecation
At Fitwise we understand that you have many
activities you wish to partake in that may be limited by your Pelvic Floor. At Fitwise we help you to bridge the gap. Read More...
See Also Pregnancy Physiotherapy
See Also Postnatal Physiotherapy
See Also Health & Wellbeing for 50+ Year Olds
See Also Men’s Health